Why small success? Because that’s the only kind I know! Even the big ones come in small steps. Here’s my paltry offering for the week.
- Thank-You Notes Done. I facilitated the kids getting their Christmas thank-you notes done. Then the notes from my oldest daughter’s birthday. And Valentine’s Day. And my youngest son’s birthday. Seems like a little thing, but with four children, generous family and friends, and multiple occasions, it becomes a protracted task.
- Toddler Bathed Without a Poop Incident. Don’t know how or why this started, but for three consecutive baths, we had “incidents.” I’ll spare you the details, but is unpleasant, to say the least. To top it off, the culprit is terrified of the whole scenario. I don’t know if he comprehends his role in the fecal fiasco, but he scrambles like a madman to get out of the tub, nearly hurting himself in the process. Now he’s afraid to even get in the tub. It’s been a struggle, but I’ve successfully, safely wrangled him through a couple of incident-free sponge baths.
- 2014 Tax Return Complete. This task is made less arduous by TurboTax, but is still a pain in the arse. The payoff is the large return. (I know, I know – pay more up front and reduce the return. We’ve tried, but due to my husband’s variable commission, his employer withholds a substantial amount.) Since the return has already been allocated for savings and expenses, getting the taxes done was high priority.
- Cleaned out the fridge. Sayonara, turkey carcass and turnips with roots longer than my daughter’s hair.
- Mastered the universal remote for our new Smart TV. Okay, I haven’t mastered it. But I did manage to stream “Team Umizoomi” and “Thomas and Friends” using the Amazon Instant Video and Netflix apps. I may even try to listen to The Jennifer Fulwiler Show using theSiriusXM app later today.
Celebrate more small successes over at CatholicMom.com.
Have you had any small successes this week?