Why small success? Because that’s the only kind I know! Even the big ones come in small steps. Here’s my paltry offering for the week:
- Scheduled Vacation/Summer plans – Maybe it’s the balmy weather we’ve had here the last couple of days, but although spring has not yet sprung, I’m thinking about summer. I updated our various calendars and began completing registrations and reservations for camps and vacations. Among our plans is an overdue visit to Shenandoah National Park.
- Replaced the UV Bulb – For years, we paid an older gentleman to replace the ultraviolet bulb that is part of our water treatment system for our well water. Finally, we discovered a place where we could purchase the bulb ourselves and install it without paying twice the cost of the bulb for installation. I make an annual pilgrimage to the supply store at this time of year. Done.
- Bought an Iced Tea – This will sound odd to many people, but I consider this a success. I do not drink coffee, and therefore do not frequent coffee shops, cafés, or convenience stores for beverages. I feel a little guilty when I buy bottled iced tea at the grocery store as it seems like an unnecessary indulgence. While pregnant, I would sometimes go through a fast food drive-thru for iced tea, but otherwise, I almost never buy myself a specialty drink. I guess it just seems frivolous to me. This week, while my daughter was at her dance class, I stopped in the tea bar upstairs from the studio and bought an iced tea. It was honestly the best iced tea I’d ever had, brewed for me before my eyes. Sweet and delicious without a sweetener. I so enjoyed that cup of iced tea.
- Took the Little Kids to the Park – Despite many more “important” things that needed doing at home, I took the two younger kiddos to the playground for an hour or so to enjoy the beautiful weather. It seems as if it’s been forever since we’ve done that, but with nice weather and the snow melted, it was a welcome diversion.
- Writing Stuff – Lots going on with the writing, including some minor changes to this website related to An Open Book link-up. I also had the pleasure of hearing the first fifteen minutes of Stay With Me in audiobook format. I still sort of cringe at hearing my words read aloud, but, oh my goodness, this narrator is hitting it out of the park. I actually laughed aloud at her delivery of a line that was only mildly amusing to me as written word. It’s exciting and fascinating to hear the story come to life in a brand new way. On top of that, several Amazon reviews rolled in, a query was sent, and best of all, I made time for more novel-writing!
That’s all I’ve got. Celebrate more small successes over at CatholicMom.com.
Have you had any small successes this week?
Thanks for stopping by! Stay a while and look around. Leave a comment. Share with a friend. If you like what you see, please sign up from my author newsletter to keep up-to-date on new releases, extras, and hot deals!