I can hardly believe it’s been a year since Stay With Me was launched to the world! Thank you, Full Quiver Publishing, for making it happen. In honor of this monumental occasion, I’m sharing some details about the book that you probably don’t know.
- I’ve seen the Dave Matthews Band twice, both pre-1995. The first was at my alma mater, Duquesne University, where they shared billing with Big Head Todd and the Monsters. My husband (then boyfriend) and I left early in DMB’s set through a thick cloud of pot smoke. The second time we saw them was as part of the H.O.R.D.E. Festival (1996?) at then-called Star Lake Amphitheater in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
- The infamous shower scene wasn’t intended from the beginning. True to life, it just sort of happened.
- The first spark for this novel came from a conversation with a (very handsome) grocery store stocker. It evolved into the story’s “meet cute.”
- This blog post by Simcha Fisher heavily influenced Rebecca’s character.
- My husband and I have camped in Shenandoah National Park many times. We’ve only encountered bears twice.
- I’m not much of a beer drinker, but my husband is a craft beer aficionado. Chris’s employer is based loosely on Troeg’s Brewery in Hershey, Pennsylvania. (I highly recommend the Mad Elf.)
- Like Chris, my husband was ditched by his co-workers when they went to a strip club on a work excursion.
- I’ve never ridden a motorcycle, but I’m strangely attracted to those made by Harley-Davidson, which is headquartered in nearby York, Pennsylvania.
- I love writing brothers. I’ve written four novels and a novella, and all but one includes a pair of brothers.
- Most of Stay With Me was written when my third child was an infant and loved long naps in her swing.
To celebrate, I’m giving away an audiobook copy of Stay With Me!
Simply comment below to enter. If you don’t know what to say, just tell me whether or not you’ve ridden a Harley. I’ll pick a winner at random at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, October 7, 2016, and someone will have something new to listen to over the weekend!